My Mormor used to make rice pudding all the time. It’s a great way to use leftover rice.
2 cups milk
1⁄3 cup short grain white rice
¼ cup sugar
pinch of salt
6 rhubarb stalks, chopped
juice of ½ lemon
1⁄3 cup sugar
- In a pot, bring the milk to a boil.
- Add the rice and let it simmer until soft, about 20 minutes. Stir often so that it does not burn.
- Add sugar and salt and mix well.
- In another pot, heat up rhubarb, lemon juice, and sugar until the rhubarb starts to soften.
- Serve in bowls with the warm rhubarb on top.
Made it? Tell us about it–