Adorable pig decor pieces made from upcycled Aveeno Baby plastic bottles! This project is presented by my friends at Aveeno in celebration of Earth Day 2018.
Get tons of inspiration here:
You could easily make these pigs into PIGGY BANKS by cutting a slot in the top!
small and large bottles, clean, with caps
pink craft paint
felt in two different pink tones
pink pipe cleaners
Mini wooden door knobs, I got mine at a craft store
hot glue gun
- Remove the labels from the bottles. If you have leftover stickiness on the bottles simply clean with your favorite adhesive remover spray.
- Spray each bottle with two coats of primer, allowing to dry in between and after.
- Paint each bottle with craft paint in your desired color.. PINK is a perfect color for pigs, of course! I used 3 coats of paint and allowed to dry in between each coat.
- Paint the doorknobs pink and allow to dry completely, they will be the legs.
- Cut 2 rounded triangles for the ears for each pig. Then cut two a little smaller than the others. Hot glue the small pieces inside the larger pieces and pinch the bottom together so they form a pigs ear.
- Hot glue legs and ears to the bottles.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in half and twist it around your finger to create a cute pig’s tail. Hot glue to the rear end of the pig.
These pigs are not meant to be toys for children. They are decor pieces.
Made it? Tell us about it–